Monday, September 2, 2013

HE IS FIRST: WHEN MY GOAL IS TO MAKE HIM HAPPY!

Is there any encouragement from belonging to Christ? Any comfort from his love? Any fellowship together in the Spirit? Are your hearts tender and compassionate? Then make me truly happy by agreeing wholeheartedly with each other, loving one another, and working together with one mind and purpose.
Don’t be selfish; don’t try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves. Don’t look out only for your own interests, but take an interest in others, too. Phil. 2:1-4

Growing up with two younger siblings made life quite interesting.   For one half of our life we lived under supervision of my grandmother, and then by the time I was entering jr high we moved and had our own, home, and I was in charge while mom was at work.  Which gave my younger siblings ample time to give me grief seeking their own way.   I mean at the heart of EVERY argument James tells us is just that, selfishness, we desire to have things our way (James 4:1).  Now I don't want to come off as being the "good son" cause I too got into my share of fisticuffs with the dynamic duo.  But nothing broke my mother's heart more while she was at work, to find out that we were or had been fighting.

GOD is no different!  Paul expresses this in verse 2 of this letter by simply stating " make me truly happy by agreeing wholeheartedly with each other, loving one another, and working together with one mind and purpose."  There have been too many wars, crusades, and church splits to count in our history all at the expense NOT:

 Agreeing Wholeheartedly...we struggle here, because we simply believe that our way is the right way.  Whether you are a mule or elephant, or whatever additional "man-made" label you affiliate your self with.   I remember a passionate discussion I had with someone who when the discussion was complete totally in love, we realized we both wanted the same thing for our country, we just disagreed on how it would happen, and who would be the best candidate.  Nonetheless we both conceded to submit to God, and pray for our country & our elected officials.

 Loving one another...yeah right!   We tend to love those who look like us, act like us, talk like, shop where we shop, and believe what we believe.   THIS IS NOT THE WAY of a TRUE DISCIPLE.  We are to reach out to those that are vastly different from us.  THOSE that are far from GOD, with the tool of LOVE.  Do you go out of your way to show, love or they have to come to you?  LOVING ONE ANOTHER means you have to DO SOMETHING and doing something is not avoiding them.  CHRIST came from heaven, and HE didn't seek to AVOID the sick, HE went to them.    

Working together ....what are you currently working on and with who.  If it's only to your benefit, or for your pleasure....then you aren't working in flux with the Spirit. 

TODAY is the DAY that the LORD HAS MADE, and I simply want to know, do you desire to make Him happy?  If so....begin agreeing wholeheartedly (not half-butt) , loving one another, and working together for the cause of UNITY & promoting GOD's KINGDOM agenda!  Enjoy your holiday, and I gotta go do these things not just in my home, but outside the walls of 1444. UP UP & A RAY!!!! LGLP

No comments:

Post a Comment