Wednesday, October 2, 2013

I AM SECOND: When I REALIZE ITS ABOUT WHAT HE's DONE

Indeed, if others have reason for confidence in their own efforts, I have even more!  I was circumcised when I was eight days old. I am a pure-blooded citizen of Israel and a member of the tribe of Benjamin—a real Hebrew if there ever was one! I was a member of the Pharisees, who demand the strictest obedience to the Jewish law. I was so zealous that I harshly persecuted the church. And as for righteousness, I obeyed the law without fault.  I once thought these things were valuable, but now I consider them worthless because of what Christ has done.   Phil. 3:4b-7

So I'm sorry....tell me again what school did you go to?  What High School was it?  Oh...you're beyond that....I'm sorry what College did you graduate from?   What's your degree in?  These are questions that are standard when networking.   When meeting someone for the first time in a corporate setting that's what means something, where you went to school, or what degree(s) you have....and honestly.....when you die what does it all amount to?  What does it matter on the flip side of this life; eternity?

Looking at some of these ruins in Turkey (Corinth) one can deduce that at one time these were meeting places.  They were thought to be the best of the best, and I'm sure the builders never saw this picture that we behold coming......ruins.   After being attacked, enslaved, and killed these buildings had little worth to their captors.  Paul in writing to the people of Philippi wanted them to steer clear of comparing themselves to others, and reveling in their accomplishments because if anyone could boast he could, but he didn't.   Why because when he looked at his accomplishments in comparison to having received CHRIST, he counted it as dung, skubala, doo doo.....because there is no comparison.



So if it helps...relax your chest.....stop poking it out like the proud peacock, and humble yourself.  It's great you've graduated, and been here and done that....but the sum total of life is not about your accomplishments.   In Eternity, it's about did you meet Christ & did you choose to live for His Glory, not yours.   So as you are probably well immersed in our day's culture, and you are mingling with, working alongside many people.....care more about have they MET CHRIST, then your accomplishments or theirs.   If you discover (He did say "you'll know them by their fruits.....l" and let's be real you know who the TRUE BELIEVERS are, and aren't....it takes one to know onethey haven't MET CHRIST then that means you need to actually start living the faith your profess.   LGLP

FOOD FOR THOUGHT:  I wonder what would happened if you asked WHAT DIFFERENCE HAS JESUS CHRIST MADE IN YOUR LIFE, instead of what school did you go to, or what do  you do for a living, how that would really throw off the "party"? 

No comments:

Post a Comment