Sunday, August 9, 2015

REMEMBER THE OUTCOME: I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL WIN!

Then another message came to me from the Lord of Heaven’s Armies: “This is what the Lord of Heaven’s Armies says: My love for Mount Zion is passionate and strong; I am consumed with passion for Jerusalem! Zech. 8:1
This is what the Lord of Heaven’s Armies says: All this may seem impossible to you now, a small remnant of God’s people. But is it impossible for me? says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies.
“This is what the Lord of Heaven’s Armies says: You can be sure that I will rescue my people from the east and from the west.  Zech. 8:6-7

In all of Hollywood Box Office splendor this latest installment of the Mission Impossible series in no shape, form, or fashion disappointed the avid or occasional movie goer.  It begins like many of them do with what seems to be an impossible set of circumstances, with a few ordinarily extraordinary characters, in the midst of a conflict.  This isn't much different than this account of the the people of Jerusalem and Judah who had bee under oppression, and were coming to the end of when GOD spoke to them to remind them of HIS LOVE for HIS PEOPLE, and COMMITMENT to caring for them, and blessing them.

This week for me has been a constant reminder of the importance of KNOWING THE STORY (GOD's WORD), so that you know what to expect.   You can't help but be at a MISSION IMPOSSIBLE movie knowing that the impossible will be made possible.  The same applies to those that live in this world, sometimes, often times, completely unaware that in the spiritual realm GOD's armies are staving off and defeating forces of wickedness that seek to end your life.  I'd like to share with you a few of my personal reflections of what was cloaked as a MISSION IMPOSSIBLE week, that like the move.....I know how this ends, and to GOD BE THE GLORY!

I learned that a leader that is committed to learning blesses those that he/she or leading, and they all benefit and get better. 

I re-learned that LOVE CONQUERS all.....1Cor.13:8

I learned that (just like in the movie) you can't say yes to everything, and you really need to consider praying since you will inevitably have to say no to someone or something to do what maybe most important.

I re-learned don't judge a book by it's cover, because those that you think are against you, maybe your strongest allies. 

I re-learned 1Peter 5:5-7 again:  In the same way, you who are younger must accept the authority of the elders. And all of you, dress yourselves in humility as you relate to one another, for
“God opposes the proud
    but gives grace to the humble.”[a]
So humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and at the right time he will lift you up in honor. Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you. 

I re-learned the sharpness of GOD's word (Heb.4:12) and how it will pierce hearts, as well divide soul & spirits, as well as destroy even hatred. 

I was also reminded that all of the successes as well as failures that occurred this GOD, like a faithful father, was there for all of it.  The successes I experienced were simply because of HIS SPIRIT, HIS ANOINTING being upon me.  The failures reminded me of my need for him, and the frailty of my flesh.  

The prayers of a righteous man(woman) avails much! (So appreciative of those that pray for me, my family, and God's bride)  James 5:16

As I prepare for my Sabbath rest, I go into it knowing....that I am to LOVE GOD and LOVE PEOPLE in all I do.  THIS IS HIS MISSION TO ME, TO US, if we choose to accept.   #LGLP365




No comments:

Post a Comment