Wednesday, January 30, 2013

POWERFUL FULFILLMENT: See I told you......

This is what the prophet Joel announced would happen:
“In the Last Days,” God says, “I will pour out my Spirit on every kind of people: Your sons will prophesy, also your daughters; Your young men will see visions, your old men dream dreams.
When the time comes, I’ll pour out my Spirit on those who serve me, men and women both, and they’ll prophesy.   I’ll set wonders in the sky above and signs on the earth below,
Blood and fire and billowing smoke, the sun turning black and the moon blood-red,
Before the Day of the Lord arrives, the Day tremendous and marvelous; And whoever calls out for help to me, God, will be saved.”  Acts 2:16-21
Do you have a have any siblings?  If not....do you remember when something happened and those who really loved you, uttered those words " I told you so...." how you thought I wish you would've have said that.   Or that you think back to the moment when they were forewarning you, and you thought....as you sat in the midst of ____________________ you were literally thinking I wish I had listened.   I remember feeling that way when I got myself into a serious, and do mean SERIOUS financial hole with credit card debt.   I mean I had a Sears, Target, Venture, Dillard's, Famous & Barr, even a car stereo installations company credit card, and I was in trouble.   Praise GOD I never had to file bankruptcy as a college freshman, but life had gotten really hard really quick with me overspending and living well beyond my means. 
Peter who was embolden by the Holy Spirit takes them back to the prophet Joel and that what they had observed during Pentecost and what they will see in the age to come is the many signs and wonders of God.   That He told them that there would be a day that God's Spirit, the Holy Spirit would be poured out on us...and that because of this many things would happen.   We've even heard from either our grandparents, parents or older saints that have said we are living in the last days, and we are actually in that in-between time, where Christ has ascended and we are awaiting His return, meanwhile we are experiencing God's Spirit being poured out on His people, and a few signs and wonders going on....which is why as a faith community we need to be living out our faith as to be winsome to our families, communities, and people groups around us. 


But what are we doing......with out faith that is? 
What are we distributing through our facebook pages, or tweets, as we walk into and out of buildings and people's lives?  Are they left with the impression that we have something they want or are people happy we are gone.  Peter's sermon really impacted these people and we will see how later......but what about you.....do you impact people with your preached and unspoken daily sermon?  LGLP

No comments:

Post a Comment