Thursday, January 17, 2013

UNLEASHED MISSION: HIS KINGDOM WILL PREVAIL

14 If you keep quiet at a time like this, deliverance and relief for the Jews will arise from some other place, but you and your relatives will die. Who knows if perhaps you were made queen for just such a time as this?” Esther 4:14

So when the apostles were with Jesus, they kept asking him, “Lord, has the time come for you to free Israel and restore our kingdom?”
7 He replied, The Father alone has the authority to set those dates and times, and they are not for you to know. 8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you. And you will be my witnesses, telling people about me everywhere—in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”

9 After saying this, he was taken up into a cloud while they were watching, and they could no longer see him.  Acts 1:6-9

So for what were you born?  Do you know?  Have you spent anytime with this question that all humans have ponder since the beginning of time?  Esther struggled with it....being chosen to wed a king, that was about to wipe out her Jewish nation, and possibly her too.   The disciples were living in such a time that they felt JESUS had come and now He was about to order heaven down and this majestic kingdom would descend upon the current gov't established by the Roman authorities. 

I've heard people literally pray and say out loud that " I wish Jesus would come back and just end all of this...."and I cringe at those prayers because at the end of them....there are people we love that would surely being going to hell.    That we clearly haven't spent time reading exactly why is it, that CHRIST has delayed his response (2Peter 3:9) because He wishes none of us to perish.   So in Luke 17:20-21 He reminds the disciples that this is not a land of OZ like kingdom or a house that will sit on the wicked witch, but rather His Kingdom, His principles will come through you!    His Kingdom comes alive in you....it's seen in how you love and serve.   Not how you feel the need to speak harshly against____________________ not how you feel like I won't tolerate the person and their sin (remember....you too sin...and yet He has grace upon you).  But they will know Him.....only by our love for Him and one another, which is spelled out and broad casted by how we treat one another.


So why were you born......I ask again?   I know I wasn't born in the 50's to march with King or ride with the Freedom Riders.  Nor was I born to persevere the slave trades or the Civil War.  Nope...I was born for such a time as this, when Christians and non-Christians hang their hats on their politics (mind you politics are of THIS WORLD not of the KINGDOM) so much so that it has divided even the people of GOD.   I was born for such a time as this that more people are concerned with THEIR RIGHT to BEAR ARMS, than they are making sure they have on the full armor of GOD.   That we place our security in carnal made devices instead of  IN GOD WE REALLY TRUST.  See whether my life ends today, or 50 years from now.   My goal is His mission be fulfilled in and through my life.......and I'm wise enough now to know...it's through how I love others, not how I try to divide the people (mind you people He created.....since Satan can't create one living soul (the wheat from the chaff).....that's His job, not mine at His appointed time.   LGLP

No comments:

Post a Comment