Monday, June 24, 2013

LOVE DOES: THE GOAL

Let love be your highest goal!  1Cor. 14:1a
 
 
If I could speak all the languages of earth and of angels, but didn’t love others, I would only be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I understood all of God’s secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if I had such faith that I could move mountains, but didn’t love others, I would be nothing. 3 If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it; but if I didn’t love others, I would have gained nothing.  1Cor. 13:1-3
Pictured is an athlete literally auditioning for the NFL draft by displaying his ability to jump vertically from a flat footed position.   Their goal is to jump the highest by touching the pegs to register exactly how high they can jump.  
 
 In football they have a goal post, in basketball they have a hoop, in soccer/hockey/rugby/lacrosse there's the goal but the highest goal in them all is to win.   Nobody steps onto the field of play with their hearts desire to lose.   Even at 39yrs of age, when I step onto a softball field or basketball court my desire is to win, but my goal is to glorify GOD in how I play and interact with the other people on the team, on the opposing team, and the officials.   After the Apostle Paul had penned the 13 chapter of Corinthians he started off the 14th chapter reiterating the highest goal.....LOVE.   In other writings Paul talked about us running a race to receive a prize...and not that we are running someone else's race, but rather our own so our competition isn't another believer, or a non-believer, but ourselves.   So before we get into your giftednesses........is love your highest goal?  If you stopped breathing right now...and woke up in eternity have anyone felt the love of GOD expressed through you, your faith today?
 
 
The highest jump was in 2009 Donald Washington (no relation...at least I don't think so) at 45in.  I'll never will jump that high, on this side of eternity, but that's not my goal.   My goal today, and everyday is to Love God (with everything), then Love every person He has orchestrated for me to encounter today for His Glory, and that ultimately I would've served Him this day as a conduit for His love.  Literally changing the world, one person at a time.   LGLP
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment