Friday, June 28, 2013

LOVE DOES: The Will of God...GIVE w/LOVE

3 If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it; but if I didn’t love others, I would have gained nothing.  1Cor. 13:3


We've heard a hundred, if not thousands of times.....For God so loved the World, that He gave.......notice how the love preceded the act of giving and the gift itself.

Satan is real....and so are the evil rulers, authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places that seek to derail any one member, the team, or a family before a missions trip.   But in order to complete the mission, in order to perform the will of God we need to make sure as we enter the mission field and battleground that our hearts are right....meaning that we are doing this out of LOVE....for if and when we are then the blessing of giving in LOVE, is more of the Father.   

Once our hearts are full of the LOVE of the FATHER, then we must make sure we are properly suited because the stakes are too high to go out with just a heart full of love, but not prepared for the enemies that are opposed to the advancement of God's kingdom.  So what am I saying.....

As this maybe my last blog for sometime, I'm asking that you consider over the next few days entering into prayer with us and for us beginning tonight.   Because of the Love of the Father alive in this group of men and women  going to Malawi I want each of them, us covered.

Here are the team members names. Logan Hepburn (student), Rachel Steen (nurse), Rachel Sexton (musician), Art Pender (mechanic), Brian Taylor (leader), Jake Taylor (student), Nicholas Goodwin (student), Spring Hansen (photographer, historian) and myself.

What can you pray about....Our health (spiritual, mental, emotional), Our impact, Our time together that we'd grow in community, Our travel transitions (that we'd look for ways to love others, serve others, and that we'd remember it's not about our comfort), Our JOY (that it may remain full so that it may be our strength), Our families (that we are leaving behind), Our quiet times (that are devotions would reveal a new fresh revelation of the Lord @ work in our lives), Our departure and return home.

I believe if you all would devote some time, and sweat for us in prayer GOD will take care of the rest.  Thank you all....I love you all (My wife, my kids, my family, my beloved CONNECTIONS congregation and family I'm preparing my heart that is already missing you all, every person and couple I've counseled, the wonderful staff at Calvary, those that I have a "special" relationship/connection with,  CTS, St. Charles & Cottleville PD and City Gov't, Public Housing Authority of St. Charles, the men I'm disciplining EMAW (Every Man A Warrior) groups, BBT Family, and to the people I've yet to meet to quote Jack Nicholas as the Joker...."Wait til they get a load of me."   I'm out LGLP...

No comments:

Post a Comment