Friday, June 22, 2012

SOLID LOVE: Shows Who's Yo DADDY!

43 “You have heard the law that says, ‘Love your neighbor’[c] and hate your enemy. 44 But I say, love your enemies![d] Pray for those who persecute you! 45 In that way, you will be acting as true children of your Father in heaven.  Matthew 5:43-45

Again Jesus is saying, forget what you heard.......about hating your enemies.....I need you to love your enemies, pray for those that are persecuting you, in this way it shows that you are my Fatehr's children.    You know I have come to realize that if we don't love ourselves, it's impossible for us to love anyone else.

  I remember days when I would go to work at BJC/SSM and I would actually hate, despise, wish for, and pray things on my co-workers that was just down right wrong.   I did this because I felt they didn't have my best interest at heart, and they really didn't care about me.  But one day, I read this book because my marriage was really suffering in the begining, called the "Five Love Languages" where I actually learned more about myself and how I try to speak love vs. how I feel love is communicated towards me.   Also it made me keen to understanding how to speak and determine what other people's love language is.  This is crucial because if Jesus is calling us to "love our neighbors as ourselves, love our enemies, and pray for those who misuse us......." we need to love ourselves and also know how to determine and decipher our enemies and neighbors love languages.

It was this empowerment, this enlightenment of knowledge that also showed me....this is how Jesus Christ was able to walk up the woman at the well, encounter the lepers, heal the man with the withered hand, and many more & meet their needs with such grace and love.   In order to really love people the way JESUS is calling  us to is to have the LOVE of the FATHER in you so deep, that we begin to see people (all people, of all races, of all creeds...no matter what) like Jesus see them as precious and invaluable.    You are able to pray for them when they are persecuting you, like when Jesus was persecuted, because you understand THEY DON'T KNOW OF, nor DO THEY HAVE, or BEEN (truely) EXPOSED TO the love of the FATHER.  SO what about you?   Have you really been exposed to the LOVE of THE FATHER so much so that it's transformed your heart and eyes to long to see all people come to know, and love Him?   Do you promote LOVE on the job?  In your marriage?  In your neighborhood?   It does no good to pray for "THY KINGDOM COME, THY WILL BE DONE, on EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN, if you aren't willing to be the ambassador to BRING KINGDOM WAYS of LOVE into __(fill in the blank)_____  through yourthoughts, your words, and your actions.LGLP

No comments:

Post a Comment