Tuesday, February 12, 2013

UNLEASHED TRANSFORMATION: HOW LONG??? GOD HAS NOT FORGOT!

Peter and John went to the Temple one afternoon to take part in the three o’clock prayer service. 2 As they approached the Temple, a man lame from birth was being carried in. Each day he was put beside the Temple gate, the one called the Beautiful Gate, so he could beg from the people going into the Temple. 3 When he saw Peter and John about to enter, he asked them for some money.  Acts 3:1-3

1.  Psalms 6:3  I am sick at heart. How long, O Lord, until you restore me?
 
2.  Psalm 13:1
[ Psalm 13 ] [ For the choir director: A psalm of David. ] O Lord, how long will you forget me? Forever? How long will you look the other way?

3.  Psalm 13:2
How long must I struggle with anguish in my soul, with sorrow in my heart every day? How long will my enemy have the upper hand?

4.  Psalm 35:17
How long, O Lord, will you look on and do nothing?

Here's what we know:  Peter and John were on their way to pray at a 3pm prayer service.   There is a lame man that was laid at a gate called BEAUTIFUL, because it really was, and daily that was put there to solely BEG from those going into the temple.

We later learn he had been crippled and placed there daily for 40 years, and I chose to include a few the Psalms that would echo this since of HOW LONG LORD, and while I don't know if this was this beggars heart, I know for a fact there have been times that I asked GOD...." HOW LONG?" about a variety of things, and I'm sure some of you have felt or even currently feel this way about your marriage, about your job, about your career, about relationships, about your health....and while it appears you have been or are being LOOKED OVER......as other's get advanced....as other's receive their healing......as other get their spouse........as other's houses are selling......as it appears you haven't been forgotten.....not if you are still breathing.

Nope.....GOD has a plan, and according to Jeremiah it's a plan to prosper you and do you NO harm, but we have to make sure to remember this because DEPRESSION is attempting to hunt you down like a beast.  I'm not trying to sell any of you false hope....I understand what you are going through is as real as this 40 year crippled man's conditions, but we have to look at the blessings in disguise.   What would life had been like for this crippled man had he not had friends that cared and carrying him to where he needed to be?   I mean really......what better place to be to be seen than in front of a majestic beautiful gate, leading into a place of worship, where if there was any hope of healing......He's at the right place.    I mean....think about it......I don't know where you are....but let me ask this....ARE YOU IN THE RIGHT PLACE for GOD to do something AMAZING!

We will see here that GOD hadn't forgot this man, and that HE did/does have a plan for those of that cry out the aforementioned Psalms......and that plan is deliverance.....but I close with are thankful for where HE has you...or are you too busy complaining?  The Israelites
(in EXODUS) when placed in the wilderness (BY GOD) were in the right place to meet Him and develop a relationship with Him, but instead while there they spent much of their time complaining, and therefore ended up dying there.
  Be thankful where GOD has you!   LGLP


No comments:

Post a Comment