Tuesday, April 23, 2013

DUCT DYNASTY FAMILY/PARENTING: To Train or Not To Train

Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.  Prov. 22:6 KJV

Those who spare the rod of discipline hate their children.  Those who love their children care enough to discipline them. Prov. 13:24 NLT

Discipline your children while there is hope.  Otherwise you will ruin their lives.  Prov. 19:18 NLT



It really doesn't matter who you are.....there is one thing we all agree on.....THAT POTTY TRAINING IS A MUST, and while it maybe debated as to when that should start.....what's not up for debate is should one do it....POTTY TRAIN THAT IS.   We all know what the ramifications are to not potty training a child.   Can you imagine 6+ able body (sound minded) child needing to have their parents clean up with bio-messes simply because someone didn't want to train them.

This is no different when it comes to discipline though.   The Bible is pretty clear on this on the latter two verses......if you love them  you will discipline them and if you don't you ...THE BLAME IS ON YOU..will ruin their lives.    I was just getting ready this morning and they had the interview of the mother of the two brothers that conducted and carried out the Boston Bombing.   This interview was taken days before the last brother was apprehended....and she emphatically stated her sons had absolutely nothing to do with this.  Notice the father wasn't interviewed or ever mentioned.  Is this a case of a single mom, left to train, raise two boys....that maybe she didn't because she was too busy trying to make a living for them, and not a life?  To TRAIN or NOT TO TRAIN.

I know parents who currently are now reaping the consequences of not having disciplined their children.  Father's who son's learned to run from their responsibilities (babies, jobs, life in general) because they watched their father run from his responsibilities.   There are daughters who seek for self worth in men because of not just the father not being in the home, but watching mom scheme how to get and keep a man.    I know parents who exalted sports & academia instead instilling a strong faith that yields character and are now wishing they had it all back to do over.    I know parents who have allowed their kids to dictate to them what they want to do, and what they won't do....and these parents are at their wits end because they can't get control over their kids.    I know parents that thought a spanking was wrong so they put their kid in time out, and now their beautiful son/daughter are serving time. 

I know people that will read this and say Raymond, you're wrong and kids should be given the freedom to do as they please.....and to each of you I say, I'll let one of my kids come and crap on your floor and see if that's ok.  I seriously doubt it.  Untrained & undisciplined kids turn out to be disrespectul adults that disregard life.    Hey I'm against child abuse 100%, but I'm also for child rearing 100%......  My kids are the wonderful kids they are simply because I have had to ( a few times...not many at all) discipline them for their behavior....and as they have been with many of you, and you've seen them around me.....we have a wonderful parent/child relationship.  That's all the result of me loving my children enough to devote time to disciplining and training them up in the WORD and as the WORD tells us as parents to....and my HEAVENLY FATHER does the same to me.   LGLP

No comments:

Post a Comment