Monday, April 1, 2013

APRIL FOOLS?? Whose the real fool?

Doing wrong is fun for a fool, but living wisely brings pleasure to the sensible.  Prov. 10:23

And I’ll sit back and say to myself, “My friend, you have enough stored away for years to come. Now take it easy! Eat, drink, and be merry!”’
20 “But God said to him, ‘You fool! You will die this very night. Then who will get everything you worked for?’  21 “Yes, a person is a fool to store up earthly wealth but not have a rich relationship with God.” Luke 12:19-21

When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child. But when I grew up, I put away childish things. 1 Cor. 13:11

We all have done stupid, silly, and/or foolish things as kids.   From sneaking out, to making fun of other people, to cursing, jumping off..., and even trying to fulfill dares.  That was me, fulfilling dares.   It wasn't enough that I was a chubby little (how can you be chubby and little) jolly kid...and I was made fun of because of my roundness or that my skin had blotches in it because of my slight vitiliago......but I always felt I needed to prove a point.  So if it wasn't shocking people with my speed for my size, it was " I dare you to:" talk to that girl, jump off that porch, try these peppers....and the list goes on an on.  

But you know what...there comes a point that you transition from the foolish of your youth, and then you fall into the foolishness of an adult.   You know what I'm talking about:  where you stereotype people.  Where we treat folks differently based on the color of their skin, or their economic status, or what High School they went to, or if their kids are "normal", ......and this list of our foolish ways continues.   We even get mad at, or frustrated by non-believers cause they don't act like believers.  If this isn't foolish thinking.......remember THEY HAVEN'T BEEN WON OVER by YOUR GREAT LOVE......   So then we according to the above scripture Christ calls the person a fool that stores up earthly wealth but who doesn't have a rich relationship with GOD.....because if you had a rich relationship with GOD, you'd be a focused giver...not a foolish hoarder.

So as I try to close this.....I look at Paul's encouragement about growing up.  I love to have a good time, as much as anybody else.....but I don't ever want to do it at the expense and laughter of others.  Maybe as a teenager it was permissible....NO IT REALLY WASN'T,  but as an adult....I believe I have grown up a lot, and a good time to me is not about making fun of people, or amassing the newest things, but a good time to me is taking what GOD has given me and using them all as vehicles to express my appreciation to Him as the Giver and to others to inviting them to fellowship with me.  Simply put.....LOVING GOD, and LOVING PEOPLE.....the fool is the person who doesn't Love God and Love people....because at some point your life will too, be required of you!  LGLP

No comments:

Post a Comment