Friday, October 26, 2012

SERIOUSLY WTH: THERE IS A JUDGMENT

27 And just as each person is destined to die once and after that comes judgment, Hebrews 9:27

31 But when the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit upon his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered in his presence, and he will separate the people as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will place the sheep at his right hand and the goats at his left.
 
34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry, and you fed me. I was thirsty, and you gave me a drink. I was a stranger, and you invited me into your home. 36 I was naked, and you gave me clothing. I was sick, and you cared for me. I was in prison, and you visited me.’41 Then the King will turn to those on the left and say, ‘Away with you, you cursed ones, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his demons. 42 For I was hungry, and you didn’t feed me. I was thirsty, and you didn’t give me a drink. 43 I was a stranger, and you didn’t invite me into your home. I was naked, and you didn’t give me clothing. I was sick and in prison, and you didn’t visit me.’ Matt. 25:31-36,41-43


Contrary to public opinion one doesn't just die and that's it.    Contrary to public opinion the truth is the scripture....it tells us that if you are living, then you will surely die and upon dying you have a judgment to face.    There is an evaluation and that evaluation is essentially a review of your life.    Now....as you see with the RICH MAN there was no pleading of one's case.   There is essentially no need for it.  I say that with grace, because the reality is the decisions you make today and everyday will speak for where you spend your eternity. 

Jesus told them that it will be a separation of the sheep and goats, and in case you didn't know....THEY ARE DIFFERENT.   Just like each of us are different.   Some of us take seriously serving in the church as well as serving as the church and some don't.    Some of us take prayer seriously and some of us don't.    Some of us see the homeless and respond (even if that response is only prayer...that's a response) while some of us we look right past them.   Some of care about the incarcerated, while others of us want them (lives that GOD created) to rot in their cells.    Some of us will volunteer our time and talents to the glory and purpose of the Kingdom while others of us can't get out of the church fast enough.   Some of us take being in a small group seriously, while others try to do things on our own.    See sheep and goats are different.  One is innocent and to a fault dumb, while the other is very independent and stubborn.   One does the will of the Father, and the other is only concerned with getting and themselves.

Which are you?  How will your decisions today communicate whether you are a sheep or goat.  Whether you will be on the left or the right?  My prayer is that how you treat those divine appointments will communicate God's love through you.  Make sure that it will be said of you.....that you loved God, and loved people!  LGLP

No comments:

Post a Comment