Thursday, October 4, 2012

YOU ARE THE MAN (the Rich Young Ruler) SERIOUSLY!

When Jesus heard his answer, he said, There is still one thing you haven’t done. Sell all your possessions and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”
23 But when the man heard this he became very sad, for he was very rich.
24 When Jesus saw this,[b] he said, How hard it is for the rich to enter the Kingdom of God! 25 In fact, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the Kingdom of God!”
26 Those who heard this said, “Then who in the world can be saved?”

Up to this point the rich young ruler had it going on, until Jesus pinpointed what it was that controlled him, and I feel it's necessary to now shed a little more light on the subject.  If you are reading this post.....YOU ARE RICH!   If you have recently cleaned out your refrigerator......YOU ARE RICH!  If you went out to eat recently......YOU ARE RICH!   If you didn't finish your meal...and through out the leftovers......YOU ARE RICH!  If you have a car....YOU ARE RICH!   If you have one television or more.....YOU ARE RICH!  If you have health insurance.....YOU ARE RICH!  If you live in the USA (forget your annual salary) ......YOU ARE RICH!  Folks I don't care what side of the political line you sit or side on......YOU ARE THE RICH!  You are far more wealthier than 85% of the rest of the WORLD!  So Jesus says....it's easier for a camel to get through the eye of a needle than for (YOU) a rich person to enter the Kingdom of God!


Really Ray....you think I'm rich?  I am behind on my bills, I'm losing or lost my house.....etc. UH YEAH!  When your decisions on whether or not to pay you cable bill or tithe...go figure.   When you have a retirement, 401k.....etc....GO FIGURE!  When you are planning your next vacation...while someone is dreaming about it......GO FIGURE!  Hey I'm not free from this...I have a retirement fund, I try to plan vacations (they don't happen all the time) and I have a cable bill too........but you know what I've been homeless too (twice) to be exact!  But none of my stuff own me.  I give my tithe and then some.  Many of my talents go to His Glory ( I say many because I'm sure I'm nowhere near perfect) so.....as I prepare to close....JESUS knows what it's like to be the RICH YOUNG RULER...He too was HEAVENLY & ETERNALLY rich and He left it to come LIVE AMONGST and DIE FOR US to GLORIFY GOD

What will your life be lived for?  Who will you have sacrificed for OUTSIDE of your home?  Is your goal in life to GLORIFY GOD while improving the quality of LIFE of others (in your home, neighborhood, and marketplace)?  There is an audience of folks watching you from above (Heavenly Hosts) and they see your checkbook and your calendar....and that will tell the truth about stewarded your riches...or misappropriated and hoardedLGLP

No comments:

Post a Comment