Tuesday, November 6, 2012

MIRACULOUS FAITH: What Are You Doing?

14 Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2Chr. 7:14 NLT

REMIXED

and my people, my God-defined people, respond by humbling themselves, praying, seeking my presence, and turning their backs on their wicked lives, I’ll be there ready for you: I’ll listen from heaven, forgive their sins, and restore their land to health.  MSG

To some you've already begun to question...." RAY WITH ALL THE PICTURES OF PRAYER AVAILABLE WHY WOULD YOU DARE USE THIS ONE AS A BELIEVER....."  because I knew you'd ask or be thinking this, and my point wasn't for you to associate it with anything other than the fact THEY ARE PRAYING, and my title of this blog is not "WHAT ARE THEY DOING????" but rather "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?"

So I voted, maybe you have, or will...or maybe (sadly) you have chosen not to vote.....but what are you doing I ask? As we pray THY KINGDOM COME, THY WILL BE DONE......that means you have to be involved in this process of bringing forth HIS KINGDOM through how you live, love, and even vote.  Not that your voting always ensures this...but the other two do.   As the sun is setting (PRAISE BE TO GOD) on this election season, I hope many of you get your bearings back and get back to LOVING GOD and LOVING PEOPLE!  Some have taken the cues of the commercialized lies of the candidates and translated that into hateful ways of thinking and dealing with people based on race, economic dispositions or privilege, and what bumper sticker they have on their car, and I say to you....YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF. 

I pray you ACTUALLY be as committed in prayer as the people, child pictured above...that you'd actually pause long enough to HUMBLE YOURSELF (as often as necessary if not more (with all your gathering of info...you don't know it all.  You're not omnipotent...GOD IS).   Then PRAY, pray for the candidates, their families, your community, your home that it would be a light of love and God's kingdom principles so much so that your neighbors confuse you for a real Christian!  SEEK HIS FACE, look for His approval rating in how you should deal with, address ______________________ so that in the end you have won someone to the faith.   TURN FROM YOUR WICKED WAYS.....let's be honest we aren't RIGHTEOUS, we're SELFISH, we gossipped about the candidates & families (creations of God) and we need to be doing the 3 repeatedly (humble, pray, seek God) to keep from letting our selfish/sinful natures take over.  IF WE ARE DILIGENT in the above 4......GOD will hear our prayers and heal....restore our land. 

SO I ask again in closing...WHAT ARE YOU DOING?  To change your home, your community, your job, our gov't, our world?   Jesus made and is still making an eternal impact on people's lives......are you?  Or are you too busy pointing at what others are doing?  LGLP

No comments:

Post a Comment