Thursday, March 28, 2013

Not My Will? REALLY?

And he was withdrawn from them about a stone's cast, and kneeled down, and prayed,
42 Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.   43 And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him.  Luke 22:41-43

It's been a few days since my last blogpost, and during a week when one would've easily assumed I was going to put it in overdrive and come hard.....I've actually rested, and spent time preparing for Good Friday services, Easter, and when I would address you....what would I say on here.   Jesus had just spent time with the guys He loved, and had invested the last 3 years of His life with, one of which were set to betray Him, and now He knows what time it is.  The cross is before Him....and the world is behind Him.   He shows us that even He wrestled with the will of God.  He asked, and he shows us that it's ok to ask....GOD if there is another way......PAUSE!!!!!!

What was on your agenda today?  You woke up....and what was next?  Was it a myriad of tasks?  Was it a casual day?  It's already half spent...have you done all that you purposed yourself to do?  NOW I'M ASKING......did you ever ask GOD what He desired from you?  Maybe there was somebody you were to call, or speak to at work.  Maybe there was someone that He needed you to invited to service?   Verse 43 suggests that possibly during the wrestling match of wills, that as Jesus turned the corner to say.....not my will, but thine, but yours GOD be done.....that He was in need of strength because an angle appeared to do just that strengthen Him.


So...what about you....how do you feel?  Are you wore out?  Tore up, from the floor up?  Or did you actually spend time, praying to the Father, asking for His will, then receiving HIS JOY for the DAY, because the JOY of the LORD is our strength.  I know some of you maybe mad at me asking....WHY NOW RAY....you should've had this posted at 5-6a...and you're probably right....but what are you going to do now?  I suggest you pause....and pray the FATHER's WILL BE DONE in these last few hours.  I suggest you start your day this way tomorrow?  I gotta run to a rehearsal...but I will be praying before I do that......because I want His Will not my own......LGLP

No comments:

Post a Comment